Top Departments Donated Courses
Next Generation Mobility Engineering (SUZUKI MOTOR CORPORATION)
We carry out various elemental technology researches on automobiles. This educational program began in 2003 and each research period is 3 years as a target. Automobiles are made up by diverse technical fields such as mechanical, material and electronic, therefore students can absorb extensive knowledge of engineering.
We are conducting research related to traction systems for electric vehicles. In addition to conventional research on improving performance of motors for electric vehicles, we will also conduct research related to specifications and control on battery from 2023. The concrete themes are
- Research on magnet temperature estimation of traction motor;
- Improvement of speed and accuracy for analyzing characteristics of traction motor;
- Construction of simulation environment of traction system for electric vehicle;
- Verification of battery specification required in V2H or V2G;
- Estimation of CO2 reduction, environmental effect, and cost; etc.
|Official position||Specially appointed associate professor|
|Research subject||I am conducting research on a traction system and its control that are technologies necessary for popularizing electric vehicles. I will especially research on battery issues such as properly controlling batteries; ensuring their safety and reliability; and maximizing their performance. I will also work on themes to promote the 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle) of batteries used in automobiles.|
|Official position||Specially appointed assistant professor|
|Research subject||I am working on energy management and the 3Rs (reduce, reuse, recycle) in the electrification of automobiles in order to achieve carbon neutrality.|